Green Curry-Coconut Soup
Under 15 minutes
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
3 tablespoons sliced gingerroot
1 serrano pepper or red Thai chili pepper, sliced
½ cup chopped green onion
2 cups vegetable broth
1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
½ cup HOUSE OF TSANG® Green Thai Curry Sauce
*1/2 pound chopped chicken breast, 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp or 11/2 pounds mussels
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1. In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, ginger and serrano pepper and cook 2 minutes. Stir in green onion and cook 1 minute. Add broth and next 2 ingredients.
3. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Add either chicken, shrimp or mussels and simmer until cooked through.
5. Stir in lime juice, basil, cilantro and fish sauce.